Our Diversity Action Plan
At Cascade, we want it all – the best people for the job AND a diverse team. We will always hire the most qualified individual for the job regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, social or economic status, and religious or political beliefs. At the same time, we employ recruiting efforts that ensure a broad and highly diverse pool of qualified applicants. We are confident that diversity and the best person for the job go hand in hand.
In 2020, Cascade Energy re-committed to prioritizing DEI. We reorganized our DEI Team to include employees representing a variety of backgrounds and all levels of work experience, from new hires to the C-level and Board. The DEI Team’s charter establishes that: “the DEI Team is responsible for identifying and implementing activities and initiatives that will help Cascade improve the state of diversity, equity, and inclusion across the company, while being mindful of the development and health of our employees, goals and objectives of our customers, and the greater impact to our communities.”
At Cascade, we are strategically minded folks and correspondingly, our action plan to improve the state of DEI within our company and community takes a strategic approach to DEI. This Action Plan includes:
- being transparent about where we are and where we would like to be
- continuously tracking our progress and adjusting current activities to achieve set DEI goals
- analyzing results to assist in assessing best practices and reviewing our plan annually to gauge progress and revise future benchmarks or goals as needed
- engaging our entire team to ensure diversity and inclusion remain an important part of our business model and culture
- equitable hiring practices, prioritizing retention, and creating a culture of inclusion based on our strategic goals and priorities. We are confident we will have a positive impact on the success of our workforce over the long-term.
As part of our work to increase transparency of DEI at Cascade, we will author an annual Diversity Report that provides a yearly snapshot of our employee demographics, shares ongoing and new initiatives, and gives an update on current DEI goals. Please read our most recent report above.