When your customers have already taken steps to improve their energy efficiency through capital projects or operations and maintenance (O&M) activities, the question is, where does the next level of savings come from?
The answer lies in implementing a program of strategic energy management (SEM) that will drive permanent, ongoing cost savings. For utility customers wondering how to make energy efficiency last long term, Cascade delivers SEM programs that are proven to be economical, customer-oriented, and successful.
Our SEM programs will:
- Improve customer satisfaction by generating quick ROI through O&M adjustments at the start of the program.
- Deliver cost-effective savings. SEM typically achieves savings at an acquisition cost on the order of $0.06/kWh as compared to $0.13/kWh for capital projects.
- Provide unparalleled program support through Cascade administrators, engineers, and technicians, many of whom have direct experience in your customers’ industries.
Cascade’s Unique Approach to Successful Customer Engagement
- We believe in planning—but we KNOW that action drives success. What sets us apart from the competition is the fact that we make SEM measurable:
- We get out of the gate fast by securing executive commitment and tracking energy consumption from the start.
- We use a short version of the Cascade facility tune-up as a springboard for developing new ways of thinking about energy management.
- We work side-by-side with your customers’ operations team as they discover challenges and drive solutions. We want everyone involved to feel engaged in the process and committed to achieving energy goals.
- We assess the organization’s current energy management practices to address both the organizational and behavioral aspects related to energy efficiency best practices.
- We build a complete strategic energy management plan and program over the course of a year that is customized to meet your customers’ priorities. All along the way, we incorporate significant training and coaching.
- We provide rigorous measurement and verification (M&V) protocols including statistically normalized models that control for weather, production, and other variables. We know how to gain public utility commission acceptance, so that utilities can count the savings.
- We transition accountability and ownership of the program and the process near the end of the three-year engagement, ensuring that your customers are ready to run it on their own.
We believe customer satisfaction is as important as saving energy. Throughout the program, we provide the training, support, and coaching your customers need as they develop the skills and confidence to transform energy consumption into a cost they can control.