Contact: Media Relations
Cascade has joined forces with Lineage Logistics, the second largest refrigerated warehouse and logistics provider in the industry, in support of Lineage’s plan to implement a company-wide energy management program.
The program expands on successful pilot projects Cascade and Lineage have completed at select sites that already garnered significant cost savings. Now, Lineage plans to implement a three-year energy program at all of their 111 facilities. “This three-year plan delivers the program, platform, and expertise (PPE) that will drive even more energy cost savings, improve our competitive position, and make an important investment in the skills and capability of our greatest energy asset—our people,” said Lineage CEO, Bill Hendricksen.
Taking a PPE approach to energy efficiency requires a multifaceted effort on multiple fronts. At the program level required elements include:
- Executive support and commitment
- Site specific energy goals, with a company-wide target of 10% improvement over the next three years and a ten year goal of 25% improvement
- Dedicated roles and responsibilities for program implementation, at each site
- Program performance monitoring through energy key performance indicators
The “platform” involves energy efficiency software that provides a common interface across all facilities. The platform will incorporate real-time energy use, production and weather data to provide visibility on true energy performance.
Cascade will provide support for the “expertise” aspect of the program in the form of:
- Onsite energy efficiency tune-ups that identify and implement low/no-cost energy savings opportunities
- Training on refrigeration system best practices
- Technical support over the three-year program to help facilitate continuous improvement
“Lineage is taking an aggressive and comprehensive approach to energy management,” said Cascade Energy CEO Marcus Wilcox. “We’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with the Lineage team to strategically control energy costs that typically are second only to labor in the industry.”
Cascade’s energy management services provide organizations with the tools and on-going support required to reduce energy consumption at industrial facilities, without embarking on expensive capital projects. A key component is the facility “tune-up,” which delivers cost-effective savings through an operations and maintenance approach. Tune-ups are applied either to an entire facility or to specific systems, such as refrigeration, compressed air, and boiler systems. Cascade ensures that energy savings are maintained and that additional opportunities for efficiency are pursued by providing regular technical support following the tune-up.