Sustainability at Cascade Energy—Doing the Right Thing
We take pride in our commitment to conduct Cascade’s business in a sustainable and responsible manner, ensuring both the health and safety of our employees and the protection of the environment. Our employees live our values through the work they do every day by doing the right thing to make industry more energy efficient.
Cascade’s sustainability goals include:
- Improving energy efficiency services to our customers
- Sharing our sustainability expertise with our community
- Encouraging our suppliers in their sustainability efforts
- Reducing, reusing, and recycling at all of our offices and at company events
Our 2016 Achievements
- Achieved over 41 aMW towards our ten-year goal of 900 aMW of energy savings by 2025
- Drove down energy use at our Portland headquarters 9.6% between 2014 and 2016—even as employee count increased!
- Established a cross-functional Green Team with executive leadership that meets quarterly and reports annually
- Developed a diversity and sustainability procurement process so our finance department can better track the sustainability practices of our subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers
- Set printer defaults to double-sided printing at all offices to reduce paper consumption
- Started the application process for the City of Portland’s Sustainability at Work certification program (Gold Level was achieved in 2017)
We expect our business partners to share our commitment to protecting the environment. Our Supplier Code of Conduct can be found here